Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Truck Driving School, Day 2 (putting fast food to rest)

Day 2
Spent today reviewing pretty much the same information as yesterday, but answering practice test questions on paper instead of on the computer; I think I prefer the paper practice tests, because after completing them, I used them as review or study guides, making plenty of notes in the margins next to questions. The day started earlier, but the class was released earlier; I stayed over an hour after everyone else left answering more review questions on the computer. I take my written tests in the morning for my CDL permit and the tanker and doubles/triples endorsements. The HAZMAT endorsement will be taken later in the course, after fingerprinting and background checks have been performed. 
This isn't related to the course, but I decided after eating lunch at Taco John's today that that might be the last time I'm going to eat out while I'm here, and at least the last fast-food meal I'm going to buy. I never eat fast food, but wasn't prepared to eat anything else today. So, after class I walked to the nearest Wally World two miles away, bought a bag of baby spinach & kelp, small whole carrots, broccoli, apples, lunchmeat, cheese, and yogurt. I had already stocked up on bread and bananas on a previous visit. I may as well start eating now the way I want to eat when I'm in my truck. It's definitely much healthier, and cheaper. The class is only a 10 min. walk from my hotel, so at lunch I'll just walk back to my room to eat lunch. When I do get into my truck, I'm sure I'll be hitting Old School up for his smoked pheasant and 19-bean southwestern soup crock-pot recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment